Sadahi's Hotties (2026)

 


My daughter and I visited Sahadi's Hotties in New Britain today.  This a great Cash Only hot dog stand with outdoor seating only in New Britain.  Surprisingly, I had never been there before, and I tell you I was missing something. We got two hot dogs, a small fries and a drink for $10, then added two specialty dogs from their menu of 11 specialty dogs, all $5 each.


I got the Rez Dog (2 mozzarella sticks, chili sauce, marinara sauce, topped with crispy onions).


Zoey got the Taco Dog (hot sauce, chili, sour cream, lime, cilantro, and crushed up fritos on top).


They were delicious.

Sahdi's, which started as a hot dog cart in 1998, has been around about 30 years according to the girl behind the counter, was voted the Best Hot Dog in Connecticut in 2026 by Connecticut magazine, according to a sign on fence...


...but I couldn't find the article to confirm.  The article listed below, did not list Sahadi's.

Connecticut Magazine - Top Restaurants 2026

Sahadi's did post this his on their facebook page on July 2.



Maybe it's all a joke or maybe just the article hasn't come out yet.  Stay tuned.  

I will say the assertion they were awarded best hot dog in the state did not cause me any initial suspicion.

We enjoyed our meal sitting out on the picnic benches while listening to the pulsing techno beat coming from the sound system.

They serve grilled Martin Rosol hot dogs on ordinary hot dog buns.  (The Martin Rosol factory is just 4 minutes away by car.)

Open Monday through Friday 6-4.

563 W Main St New Britain, CT 06053