There are many hot dogs lists of Connecticut listing the Top 10 or must sees on your hot dog tours of the state. My aim is to come up with my own must see list, but first I have accumulated here the collective wisdom of the internet of all the big hot dog places in the state. Until I have visited each of these, I can't put together a credible list of my own. So here are the 10 I hope to visit and review in the coming months.
Note: To make the list, a hot dog place must have been in business at least 30 years.
1. Capitol Lunch-New Britain (1929)
3. Blackie's - Cheshire (1928)
4. Super Duper Weenies-Fairfield (1992)
5. Augie and Rays-East Hartford (1946)
6. Rawley's - Fairfield (1947)
7. Glenwood Drive Inn- Hamden (1955)
8. Frankie's - West Haven, Waterbury, Bristol (1933)
9. Harry's Place- Colchester (1920)
10. Sweeny's Hot Dog King (1966?)
