Saturday, February 1, 2014

Best Hot Dog Joke of All Time

My father told me this one when I was little.  At the time, you couldn't go a day without hearing the Oscar Meyer Weiner jingle on the radio or TV.

Here's the joke:

So this guy finds a magic lantern.  He rubs it and out pops a genie, who promises three wishes.

So the guy gets in his car and starts driving home and starts thinking about what three wishes he's going to wish for.

Well, for starters, he says, "I wish instead of this little VW bug, I'm driving, I wish this were a Cadillac."

And Wha-La!  He is driving a brand new Cadillac.

He gets really excited, and then thinks of what his wife will say when she sees his new Caddy.  And he thinks of her standing out there to greet him with curlers in her hair and wearing an old kitchen apron, and he then he says, "And I wish that my wife was the most beautiful woman in the world."

And he gets even more excited by the prospect of seeing her in all her new beauty, and he starts thinking about what he will do with his last wish, thinking maybe he will ask to be the richest man in the world.

In the meantime, he's got the radio on and a familiar jingle comes on.  He's in such a good mood, he starts singing along:

"OH, I WISH I WERE AN OSCAR MEYER WEINER..."

No comments:

Post a Comment