So Five Guys is a national chain, but they still serve a pretty good hot dog. It is grilled and sliced. They use Hebrew National, which is one of my favorite brands of hot dogs. I took the girls there because they wanted burgers. Lauren had a cheese burger, Zoey got the grilled cheese, and I ordered a hot dog with grilled onions. They also have fantastic fries here as well as help yourself salted peanuts.
I started this blog in 2013 as "Great Hot Dogs of Connecticut" as my daughters and I visited hot dog places around the state. Now, 2026 (my daughters grown) I have embarked on a quest to eat a hot dog a day for 365 days, while following THE HOT DOG DIET and fitness regime. Wish me luck!
Five Guys-West Hartford
So Five Guys is a national chain, but they still serve a pretty good hot dog. It is grilled and sliced. They use Hebrew National, which is one of my favorite brands of hot dogs. I took the girls there because they wanted burgers. Lauren had a cheese burger, Zoey got the grilled cheese, and I ordered a hot dog with grilled onions. They also have fantastic fries here as well as help yourself salted peanuts.