Carol's Lunchbox is a small seasonal snack bar/restaurant located at the a local public golf course in Farmington, where is has made it's home since 2025. It calls itself "By Par, the best spot in town!" It started in 2018 in a small side of the road shed on Route 4 before moving to the town recreational complex that also includes pickleball courts and a splash pad.
I ordered one of Carol's Specialty Dogs, the All American Chili Dog. Carol uses Martin Rosol dogs (steamed) and places them in a very soft fresh open traditional hot dog roll.
I sat outside with my wife on one of the picnic tables facing the golf course, and ate the dog washed down with Gatorade. Carol also serves alcohol including canned beers, wine, nippers and specialty cocktails.
I enjoyed the hot dog and the chili sauce, and wished I had ordered two.
I don't golf anymore, but if I did, this would be a great 19th hole!
Taste of Home rated Carol's Lunchbox the best hot dogs in Connecticut in a 2024 article "The Best Hot Dogs in Every State."
Open 11-7:30 Monday to Friday
11-5:30 Saturday and Sunday.
.jpg)


