It's a great hot dog when you can say this hot dog I have just eaten may have been the best hot dog I have had this year. Now there is always a recency bias as I have found myself either saying this or coming close to saying it several times over the last 79 days.
I said it again today at Guida’s Restaurant on Route 66 in Middlefield, Connecticut. Guida’s has been selling hot dogs in their location since 1946, and they know what they are doing. I got a grilled foot-long Martin Rosol dog grilled to a near char and then lain in a toasted New England style bun and covered with a small amount of Guida’s homemade chili and grilled onions. Very delicious/ My wife and I took a leisurely Sunday afternoon hot dog drive there after I ran ½ mile at the Sterling Field track. Ran without numbness in arms or legs. Very promising. My wife had fried clam strips and French fries, which I sampled, and were also quite good. For $14.99, I could have had a hot dog with everything on it, a side of fries and a soda, but instead, I just paid $6.49 for the dog with the chili and onions.
As I approach day 100, I have to come up with my list of the 10 best dog’s I’ve had so far and this one will definitely be on the list, just where on the list, I’m not sure yet, but likely quite high.




