Yesterday I bought some Mucke’s hot dogs. Mucke’s is a longtime Connecticut brand that was bought out by Mitty’s food after 93 years in business. Mitty’s Food also bought Grote and Weigel, where Mucke’s are now manufactured.. These Mucke’s dogs are all beef and have 17 grams of protein and 200 Calories.
https://www.courant.com/2012/06/20/long-time-hartford-meat-processor-muckes-to-be-sold-meats-will-be-made-at-grote-weigel-plant/
Tonight my wife stopped at her mother’s and brought home some curry goat and rice and peas, so I made a curry goat dog.
I cut some curry goat off the bones and placed some on top of the Muckie’s dog along with some rice and peas. I used one of my last Trader Joes brioche buns and that was a mistake as those buns don’t hold a lot and the combination of the big Mucke’s dog and the curry goat and rice and peas caused the bun to fall apart.
Still the combination of the dog and the curry goat was quite tasty. I will return to this dog another time with a larger roll and maybe a smaller dog.
