A 2021 study by the University of Michigan School of Public Health published in the Nature Food journal declared that eating a single hot dog can take 36 minutes off your life. If I am going to eat one hot dog a day for 365 days I am putting 13,140 breathing minutes at risk, which translates into 9 days and 3 hours less on earth. However, the study claims I can get that time back by eating more servings of nuts, seeds and fruits. Nuts and seeds add back 26.9 minutes and fruits add 13.5 minutes.
So if you eat a hot dog with a serving of nuts and fruit, you gain 4 minutes and 24 seconds a day which is 1 day, 2 hours and 46 extra minutes gratis. Sounds like an endorsement of THE HOT DOG DIET!
Stylianou, K.S., Fulgoni, V.L. & Jolliet, O. Small targeted dietary changes can yield substantial gains for human health and the environment. Nat Food 2, 616–627 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s43016-021-00343-4
Day 47 in the belly.


