Doogie's - 2026

Took my daughter to Doogie's.  A week from today she leaves for college.  Here's here her with her sister 12 years ago and her today.




Doogie's has a wide selection of dogs in three sizes 10'', 16"" and 2 foot.


I ordered the 10" Turnpike Dog, which has bacon, cheese, peppers and onions.



Doogie's has a Challenge where you have 20 minutes to eat 2 two foot dogs with four toppings, a side of fries and a big drink in 20 minutes.  When I tried a single two foot dog 12 years ago, it took me 14 minutes to down it.

  


If you can win the challenge, you get your picture on the wall of fame:  Lot of big folk on this wall, big folks and some young healthy teenagers.



Doogie's is pricier than many hot dog places, but I have always enjoyed their food.

They serve Grote and Wiegle dogs which are a blend of pork and beef.


They also have great local fountain soda.  I got black cherry.

 On Tuesday nights, if you order a two foot dog, you get a free drink and fries.  I plan to go one night and see if I can beat my old 14 minute record.  No way would I ever be able to eat 2 in 20 minutes, but one in less than 14 would make a good story.