Ranch House-Windsor 2026


The Ranch House in Windsor is so close to the Hartford line that I consider it Hartford.  It's been here since 1951 and it serves cheap basic food.  A foot long hot dog is $3.04.  For a little more than $10 you can get two hot dogs, fries and a drink.  I picked my daughter up from her basketball game just down the street on North Main (She was playing in an adult women's league as a fill-in player and said many of her teammates had their kids watching them.  She said she played well, hitting a couple three's and driving to the hoop to score.)  We split the special.  I got peppers and onions on my foot long dog in a New England roll and she got ketchup and mustard.  We got fries and she downed the Gatorade by herself. 


When we pulled in the parking lot was empty, and Zoey thought they might be closed.  In the fifteen minutes we were there, five cars came and went as well as some walk-ins.  One old man, ordered three chilli dogs and then sat in his car, wolfing them down.