Why Hot Dogs?

 This morning I woke up feeling hung over though I did not drink any alcohol and haven't for a couple weeks.  I think I am hot dog hungover.  Laying in bed, I wondered how I would feel if for the last 70 days I had had a vegetable every day.  Would I be more sprightly, waking up full of vim, vigor and vitality.  Would I be filled with wonderful expectation at what great vegetable I would be eating today?  Acorn Squash, buttered lima beans, beets, broccolini.  Yeah, I'll be eating broccoli, eating broccoli!

No one wants to hear about someone gushing about what vegetable they ate or how they have had vegetables every day for 71 days and intent to do so for another 294 more.  No, vegetables are not hot dogs.

I'm going to have some tea.  I really want a Diet Coke with Lime or a Cherry Coke, but rules are rules.  It'll be green tea with honey and maybe some almond granola.  Then I will sit back here and write about my passion for hot dogs, and to tell you the truth, I am beginning to get excited, maybe it is an illicit pleasure, but I do wonder what dog I will have today.  Will I go out and drive to a hot dog stand I have never been to before?  Will I go to the grocery store and buy a new brand of hot dogs.  Aside from the frozen Oscar Meyer Weiners I have in the freezer, my stock is out.  I ate the last of my Martin Rosol's last night.  Also time for some new buns.  I was eyeing some nitrate free hot dogs they had at Trader Joe's the last time I was there and they also have those delicious brochette hot dog buns.

Stay tuned.  Day 72 lays ahead.