This morning's weigh-in was 237, down 9 pounds from the start, but holding steady for the last several weeks.
As far as how I feel somedays I feel like I am walking around with a hot dog in my stomach. He is an 8 inch dog with eyes and little stick legs and hands, and frankly, he's a bit of a pain in the ass. I was riding the exercise bike and he was shouting at me, "Slow the f down, buddy. You go any faster and I am going to somersault and spin around like I am in an f-ing washing machine!"
"Hey, I say, "If I don't get in better shape, I'm going to have to stop eating hot dogs and you will have no more visitors."
"Speaking of visitors, where did you find that tobacco reeking frank you deposited down here yesterday. I could have got lung cancer from him."
"Yeah, but how about that Mexicali Dog I had a while back, the lime and chili scented dog. Now she was a beauty, wasn't she?"
"That she was, I-chihuahua! I'll hand you that, that she was. You should go back to Nicki's pronto and she if she has a sister. I think should order two Mexicali sweethearts next time. I can handle them. You'll hear no more complaining from me."
"No, doubt. Just practice not complaining now. I've got another two minutes of hard pedal left here."
I did my first bike time test. Five minutes at Level 4 to see how far I can go in that time. Result was 1.04 miles with a final heart rate of 111. I can improve on that.
The Hot Dog Diet has been going okay. I haven't had a Coke or a beer for at least two weeks, and no fried foods since I sampled the tasty French fries at Harry's Place 8 days ago. No frozen pizza. I have been pretty good about getting salads when I am at work. But I am not eating enough vegetables at home. I did eat a bag of potato chips over the course of several days and bought another bag yesterday. They are so fucking good. I eat the local stop and shop brand of ruffled potato chips that have been on sale for $1.99.
Back to the fitness, the last two weeks I have averaged just under 5,000 steps a day. I need to pick that up. 5,00 should be the bare minimum.
My chest press one rep max is 180. I was able to do it twice. Have not tried 190 yet. Once I can do 180 five times, I will try 190. My year end goal is 200.
Still can't do a leg test.
I added a plank as the ab test. Only 45 seconds. Pretty pathetic. Of course the dog in my stomach was no help. "Hey! Hey! WTF!" he shouted as he pounded against the walls of my stomach. "Are you trying to squeeze me to death down here!"
STFU.
Haven't been to the pool, but am hoping to go this weekend.
I'm a little concerned that my resting heart rate while sleeping as been rising steadily over the last month from 61 to 64. Wondering if my hot dog border has been partying at night.
My main sleep duration has been hovering around 7 hours. I'd like to step that up a bit.
My knee is feeling better, but not fully back to normal. I am seeing the orthopedist on Monday.
Overall, I would say I need to pick it up on the fitness end , and sharpen up the diet.