Lobster Roll

 I went without a hot dog yesterday, but I did have a New England Hot Dog bun.  My wife recently returned from Jamaica where her brother gave her some Jamaican spiny lobsters to bring back that he had gotten from a fisherman who worked with.  We boiled the lobsters, then split the tails and fished out the meat, which I then sauteed in butter and heaped on a New England style hot dog roll.  I also grilled both sides of the roll in butter.


After reading an article in Yankee Magazine, In Praise of the New England Hot Dog Bun, I learned that the New England Style hot dog roll was originally manufactured to hold clam strips.  The top cut also made it perfect for lobster rolls and...hot dogs.

If I had been thinking I could have grilled a hot dog and then put the lobster on top of it for a lobster hot dog, but it was delicious as it was.  As much as I like hot dogs, even when I am a little tired of them, I love lobster more.