Birthday Present

 Today is my 68th Birthday.  Fuck, I'm old.  I took a half day at work, then drove to Stew Leonard's to buy groceries for my birthday dinner, just me my wife, and my three daughters and maybe a daughter's fiance.  I thought about buying a whole bunch of different hot dogs and then holding a blind taste test, but decided I would keep dogs out of the dinner.  I got ribs, shrimp, and lobster tails that I will make into lobster rolls.  Also got cherrystones, which I will have to schuck, garlic knots, red potatoes, zucchini, and mini cannolis and pistachio ice cream for dessert.

On my way home I stopped at Riley's hot dogs to get my hot dog fix of the day.  I just finished the dogs and writing up a blog entry when my youngest returned from basketball workout.  She had a present for me -- two plain dogs and fries from Sahadi's.  What a thoughtful daughter.



I ate one of the dogs, and am saving the other.

She clearly loves her Dad.